Welcome back. It takes me maybe about 10 seconds to say 10 names, and that's pushing it, but tonight it will take 90 minutes to read the results of the 10 names of finalists moving onto the Top 10. If there any wildcards then that will take the normal human about 2 or 3 seconds but it will probably take an extra 15 or 20 minutes for American Idol. So it's gonna be a long one but I'll try to make it as simple as I can. So let's get to it:
Our Predictions of Top 10
Guys=Burnell Taylor, Lazaro Abros, Curtis Finch Jr, Devin Velez, Vincent Powell
Girls=Kree Harrison, Candice Glover, Angela Miller, Amber Holcombe, Janelle Arthur
After about 15 minutes of recapping the Top 20 and then the guys group individually we are finally onto results.
Results/Reaction Part 1
When the contestants get the results they have to go from a little room in the building where Ryan reveals the results to up the stairs through the opening of the stage. Not sure I get why they have to travel so much but we know American Idol likes their drama. Once they get onto the stage they will sing a victory song(I'm not gonna comment on anyone's victory song because it's not being judged or voted upon and it's really just a time filler).
1. Paul JolleyThis is a bit surprising, not because he didn't have very nice vocals last night but the judges were very indifferent on this guy all along. They even needed to utilize the tie-breaker in the previous round to determine if he should move on. We'll see how it goes for him.I'm not gonna comment on anyone's "victory" song because it's not being judged or voted upon, it's really just a time filler.
2. Burnell TaylorWe graded Burnell a B+ because he was really one of the best last night and has been very consistently good. I am glad that he is moving on. I do hope that he controls some of his hand movements and dresses a bit more current and a little less early 90s but that's a little nitpicky his voice is great.
3. Curtis Finch JrWell if he can lessen the dramatics and reduce the ego, then Curtis will do swimmingly, but that's a whole bunch easier said then done. His voice is very strong, he has to choose better songs, but his voice quality is always high. I do hope the judges reserve some of their hysterics a bit for him. He still needs help, he needs critiques, he needs guidance, just telling him that he is great and flawless does nothing to help him or helps endear him to the audience.
4. Devin VelezHe byfar had the strongest night last night. He was our pick for number 1 male and if he stays consistent, stays within the lines, stays true to himself then he will do fine. Song choice will be key for Devin. I think he won a lot of fans last night because he has a very straightforward and easy personality. I hope he does well in this competition.
5. Lazaro AbrosAfter having a rebound night last night Lazaro deserves a place in the Top 10. He has had a really nice story, and has overcome a lot, so it's really a nice thing to see him. We saw him have shaky vocals a few times so as long as he stays where he was last night then he'll do fine.
Eliminated= Charlie Askew, Nick Boddington, Vincent Powell, Cortez Shaw, Elijah Liu
Results/Reaction Part 2
1. Janelle ArthurThis is the 3rd time that Janelle Arthur tried out for this show and 3rd times a charm. Janelle has been up and down, luckily the audience got to start voting when she was up. If she stays were she was last night then she'll do just fine, if she gets too ambitious then she will falter. I like that she made it given that we gave her a B for her performance, I hope she does well.
2. Candice GloverOne of the strongest contestants in the entire competition. She deserves this spot and I think she will go very very far.As long as she stays true to herself, chooses the right songs like she has been then there might not be anyone that can rival her completely.
3. Angela MillerShe was a no doubt about this one. Angie has been so good every time we have heard her sing. Her worst performances have still been very good and better than some of the contestants singing on their best day. I'm excited to see where she goes and what she does.
4. Amber HolcombeAfter 2 consecutive great performances Amber has found her place in the Top 10. She has done so well and still can improve. Her potential for excellence is immense. She can do a lot of good in this competition, I am starting to really look forward to every performance she does.
5. Kree HarrisonIf anyone is gonna rival Candice in this competition on every level is Kree. I like her personality, I think her story is incredibly compelling and her voice is one of the best left in this competition. I think Kree can make it to the finals if she just stays the way that she has been and continues to get stronger and more confident on stage.
Eliminated=Zoanette Johnson, Aubrey Cleland, Tenna Torres, Adriana Latonio, Breanna Steer
Our Predictions Results
Guys=4/5 Correct Guesses
Girls=5/5 Correct Guesses
*Only American Idol can have 90 minutes to say 10 names and then go over and make it 92. Jeez. Other than that the Top 10 is pretty darn strong. I wouldn't say it's the strongest Top 10 in American Idol history because there are 1 or 2 ladies that are going home that deserve a place more than a couple of the guys, but the girls side of things is very strong. Guys like Burnell and Devin are very strong on the guys side. So I'd say 7 of the 10 contestants left in this competition are great and the other guys need to stay consistent.
*I said last night that Vincent allowed the door to open up for someone like Paul Jolley. All Vincent had to do was be mildly as good as he was the week prior and he would have sailed into the Top 10. Unfortunately, Vincent was shaky and just didn't come through.
*We learn that next week will see a sing off between the 6th best guy and 6th best girl for their chance to join the Top 10 on the American Idol Tour. I guess that's a decent consolation prize since there are no wildcards this season. I am pleased that this is the Top 10, and there aren't wildcards. It's time to finally get moving.
So that's it. What do you think of the Top 10? Not too bad. Next week finally begins the Top 10 with the guys and girls facing off against one another. So come back next Wednesday for that. It's been a long week, a lot of Idol, thanks for reading and have a great week. Until next time, see ya!